The Falck Scientific Abstract Award
In cooperation with the European Society of Emergency Medicine (EuSEM) and the International Conference of Emergency Medicine (ICEM), the Falck Foundation would like to reward an outstanding abstract entered in the “Emergency Pre-hospital Care” category. The awards are handed out at the MEMC and ICEM conferences, one of which, takes place every year.
The Falck Foundation offers the Falck Scientific Abstract Award to support interest in research that supports the objectives of the Falck Foundation.
The objectives of the FALCK FOUNDATION are to support scientific research and education targeting all aspects of prehospital care delivery including:
- quality metrics and measurement strategies
- administration, logistics and operations
- effectiveness and safety of clinical care delivered by prehospital care providers
- scope of practice of prehospital care providers
- education and training of prehospital care providers
- cost effectiveness of prehospital care delivery
- national healthcare policy, legislative frameworks and financial models related to prehospital care delivery
The abstract shall follow the requirement set by EuSEM & ICEM
The abstracts will be reviewed by the judging committee of the EUSEM and the Medical Advisory Board of the Falck Foundation.
EuSEM abstract award for best pre-hospital abstract: EUR 2,500.
ICEM abstract award for best pre-hospital abstract: EUR 5,000.